TMO-SGRWTE: Choosing Platform

THE MAKING OF - SGRWTE
The adventure in creating this blog

There exist many Blogging platform out there. Blogspot, Wix, Weebly, Wordpress to name a few. This post will 
provide in brief my process of selecting the proper - may not be the best - blogging platform for my blog.



A walk with Wix
I did try to restart my blog with Wix. It have a great designer helper, UI, themes and plenty of customization. It is one of the most suggested web builder sites in the net. However my only disappointment is the URL - it is very lengthy.
Currently a second site running is at
https://sonigonzalessg.wixsite.com/rwte
Even though there is a wide variety of applications and tools, but as a free user this really set me back. I do believe Wix is much better to those with a domain. Thus, since I do not have a domain, Wix is not an option due to its lengthy URL.
However, in the future I will use Wix for another project. All that it need is a proper landing page.

Wordpress? 
Worpress is actually an app, a builder that create awesome beautiful website / blog. But it also require us to own a domain. After understanding that, it drop from the list of option immediately. 


Blogspot - again?
Previously I uses Blogspot for my blog. It was great. Though it is really not friendly user and easy to customize without basic knowledge of coding and CSS. I learnt a bit of HTML coding, never really understand CSS though but I manage to pull it through. You can make wonders if you have the knowledge. However, I do not need to know much since I do prefer to keep the blog simple - in design.

Thus, after long consideration, I stick with what I have already knew - using Blogspot as the blog. By using free templates already available in the net, and tailored it to my needs - I am able to create a simple blog as you are seeing right now.


As time goes, it might changes and I might switch to a different platform but for now, lets keep it simple and stick with Blogspot.
5 RWTE - Blog: TMO-SGRWTE: Choosing Platform THE MAKING OF - SGRWTE The adventure in creating this blog There exist many Blogging platform out there. Blogspot, Wix, Weebly, Wordpres...
< >